Saturday, December 19, 2015

How Do You Bring Someone to Christ?

Over lunch with a friend yesterday, I was telling her about several questions I have been pondering over recently, relating to being a Christian at work. One of the questions related to evangelism in the workplace. 

I said that some people approached evangelism at work in the sense that one would do one's work, and then spend some time on the side or on top of that to evangelise, i.e. by telling people about Jesus Christ. 

I found this unsatisfactory, because it drew an artificial line between "work" and "evangelism", and sometimes the way one works might undermine his or her evangelism.

At the same time, she told me about a Christmas outreach concert that will be taking place tonight. A number of friends and colleagues have been invited. I told her I would keep that in prayer.

Late yesterday evening, while on my way home, I began to ponder again over the question of workplace evangelism. Sensing the difficulty of the task and with some frustration, I asked God the question, "How do you bring someone to Christ?"

God replied, "How do you bring Christ to someone?"

I smiled. 

"Yeah, I can do that."

No comments:

Post a Comment